Freelance Digital Media Planner (Agency)
We're looking for a Digital Media Planner who will be responsible for the flawless day to day delivery of campaign activity associated with your client(s). You will be responsible for preparing media plans, completing other deliverables and executing the media plan implementation.
1. Client Servicing
- Work with Digital Media Strategists to produce, and if appropriate at times, present strategy and rationales, media plans, projections and results to clients.
- Develop and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of your client(s) industry and competitors.
2. Planning & Buying
- Work with Digital Media Strategists to provide media plans, KPI’s, projections / forecasts and rationales in response to client briefs.
- Develop and demonstrate a good understanding of key industry planning tools and platforms to enable you to build robust plans and rationale documents that justify your media (e.g. Effective Measure, Facebook Audience Planner, Google Insights Tool, etc.).
- Deal with invoice queries quickly, alerting a senior team member to problems if necessary.
- Be responsible for requesting and chasing POs.
- Ensure the total client costs on media plans match the total costs on the client POs.
- Ensure the total media partner costs on media plans match the total costs on IOs.
- Ensure that all budgets are entered into platforms correctly and budgets are paced correctly on a daily basis.
- Ensure agreed budgets are not exceeded.
3. Campaign Management & Performance
- The core role will be to plan, implement, optimise and report on digital campaigns. Working with the Digital Media Strategist, you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding client targets.
- Weekly review of performance against targets and adjust optimisation activities accordingly.
- Conduct daily checks to ensure budget pacing is as planned and that activity is serving correctly.
- Log significant actions on your campaigns to feed into post campaign reviews and the shape of future activity.
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and post campaign reports for your client(s) that include commentary explaining how the activity is performing, key optimisations delivered and next steps.
- Ensure all campaigns are booked onto the system correctly, reconciled within the monthly window, that financial queries are addressed in a timely manner and that the agencies financial processes are followed correctly, especially in relation to SOX compliance, plan approval and PO receipt / reconciliation.
- Ensure no losses / write offs and alert the Head of Digital if at risk.
- Ensure the billing process is done accurately and in time to avoid late billings.
- Work to overall account performance related fee targets as outlined by the Head of Digital.
- Develop negotiation skills in order to be able to construct deals which maximise value both your client(s) and the agency.
- Liaise with the Head of Digital Delivery and Business Unit Heads/ Head of Digital prior to planning in order to meet commercial objectives for your client(s) and the agency.
- Be fully aware of all the agency / the client deal partners and priorities and have a good understanding of their individual capabilities.
- Ensure thorough understanding of the process and methodology for benchmarking and work with the Digital Media Strategist and Head of Digital to collate all relevant data sets as per agreed deadlines.
- Ensure timesheets are up-to-date and accurate each month.
5. Innovation & Collaboration
- Assist the Digital Media Strategist to leverage key media partner relationships and client data insights in order to produce innovative work which drives tangible business results for your client(s).
- Develop strong relationships with relevant media partners and other external agencies on your client(s) business.
- In conjunction with the Digital Media Strategist, work with key media partners to identify new products and features your client(s) should be testing, including Google, Facebook and Twitter Betas and Alpha tests to ensure client’s activity is best in class.
- Work with the Digital Media Strategist to produce case studies with media partners such as Google and Facebook.
- Actively seek out new trends, industry news / updates and product launches and share with the wider team.
- 4 - 6 years’ experience in an agency as a Digital Implementation Manager / Digital Media Planner / Digital Campaign Manager.
- A solid background in digital media is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of digital ad servers (both trafficking and reporting), such as Sizmek.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyse data and provide insightful recommendations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Strong communication, project management and time management skills.
- Detail-orientated with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
How can I apply?
Fill out the below form, to apply to join the community and explore the opportunity.