Freelance Project Manager
We are looking for a Freelance Project Manager based in Johannesburg! Working Type: Hybrid (X2 days in office) Retainer: R38 000 (Freelancer Take Home)
Project Validation and Scope Development:
- Validate the production brief by thoroughly understanding project requirements, objectives, and deadlines.
- Develop a detailed scope of work based on the user journey, deliverables, milestones, and dependencies.
- Create comprehensive production plans outlining activities per resource, deliverable, and milestones.
Resource Management and Ownership:
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks by understanding resource requirements and deliverables.
- Assess the implications of changes to the project scope in terms of costs, resourcing, and deadlines.
- Prepare cost estimates based on the project scope and resource requirements when necessary.
- Maintain open and consistent communication with Client Service and resources throughout the project life cycle.
- Collaborate with Client Service to ensure clients have a clear understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and project progress.
Issue Resolution and Risk Management:
- Proactively identify and raise red flags, proposing production solutions when problems arise.
- Work with Client Service and resources to secure necessary sign-off of deliverables at scheduled client and internal project reviews.
- Reporting and Documentation:
Create customized reporting for the team and clients, as needed.
- Manage scope creep to ensure projects are delivered on time, according to scope, budget, and strategy expectations.
- Evaluate all project deliverables to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality, and client approval.
Quality Assurance and Budget Management:
- Obtain formal sign-off on all project deliverables, involving feedback and input from the account management team, creative department, and the client.
- Develop contingency plans when project control is in jeopardy, with input from key team members, and implement revised plans, scopes, and budgets when necessary and in a timely manner.
- Track and report team hours on a weekly basis.
- Manage all project budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in project management, business, or a related field.
- Proven experience in project management, preferably in a creative or production environment.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Strong financial acumen and budget management skills.
How can I apply?
Fill out the below form, to apply to join the community and explore the opportunity.