Junior Graphic Designer / DTP Operator
We are seeking a talented individual to join our client's design team, who has a keen eye for graphic design. Location: JHB.
CTC: R12 000 - R15 000
Graphic Design/DTP Duties
The duties as a Graphic Designer will include, however, is not limited to the below:
- Interrogating the brief and designing based on the client’s needs and vision.
- Keeping budget, time, and production constraints in mind.
- Preparing mock-ups and in-situ presentations.
- Editing proofs to client’s specifications and getting signoff/approval before finalising artwork.
- Working and collaborating with other departments on certain projects.
- Adapting and rolling out approved concepts to various media, above and below the line.
- Adhering to a client’s brand identity and guidelines.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders about progress of projects and any issues that may arise.
- Working with external departments to extend concept and visuals to other internal and external marketing-related material.
- Ensuring artwork is correct and supplied in the right format/sizes/colour codes before being sent to press and production facilities.
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time, and be able to prioritise their workflows.
Graphic Design/DTP Skills
- Be creative, adaptable to trends and conceptualise original ideas.
- Have a strong, well-rounded portfolio that showcases your individual design aesthetic.
- Good communication skills to accurately convey your concepts to clients and team members.
- Be a skilled user of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, After Effects an advantage. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Power Point.
- Mindful of client’s needs and the time and costs associated with what you will be delivering.
- Have an active interest in art/design and passionate about the work you deliver.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding and application of print preparation.
- Self-motivated and confident
- The candidate must have a degree in design.
- 1 -3 years’ work experience in the desired role.
- Graphic design / DTP portfolio is vital.
- An assessment / task will be required prior to securing an interview.
How can I apply?
Fill out the below form, to apply to join the community and explore the opportunity.