We are looking for a Social Media Lead based in Cape Town! Working Type: Hybrid CTC: R40 000
• Directing strategic thinking for social media within the agency and with our clients.
• Have a clear understanding of our clients, their business and their brands and social media requirements.
• Ideally be the go-to person in the agency for insights and recommendations for anything social media, content and/or Influencer related.
• Drive Social Media innovation by staying on top of new trends, platforms, and new opportunities.
• A hands-on leader that will guide and grow the social media department.
• You will be the direct line manager for those in your department. Your role will require you to take on the day-to-day management of the team including mentorship, skill development, career growth to ensure performance is of a high calibre.
• Be able to translate goals/objectives/plans of client’s
business/marketing into needs for social media.
• Monitor clients, consumer, competitor, industry, and social landscape/trends activity.
• Proactively create social media, content marketing and Influencer strategies, measurement plans and/or proposals to add value to teams and clients.
• Produce reports, research, analysis, audits, planning, pitches, proposals, costings, strategy documents and any other output required to move new and existing clients forward in their journeys.
• Be an advanced user in all tech and tools relevant to your role.
• Formulate and implement social media best-practices guides and keep up to date with all trends and changes on social media.
• Ability to take research, trends, data, and industry information to create clear creative guide and/or direction for creative resources.
• Collaborate with creative, technical, or strategic resources alike to produce the best output.
Social Media Management:
• Responsible for the oversight of Social Media Managers output including channel & content; planning, set up, management and maintenance.
• Oversee content briefing/reviews/creation, content management, and scheduling.
• Collaborate, lead and or manage various agency departments to produce campaign, stand alone, ad-hoc and tactical marketing. • Onboard new clients or assist with transition period.
Establish and manage relationships and/or partnerships with key leverage points that affect social media strategy, management and/or implementation. As well as network, collaborate, direct, guide and/or influence activities thereof.
This is including but not limited to:
• In-House Departments
• Social Media Platforms
• Paid Media Agencies and/or Publishers
• Influencer Management
• Online Listening & Reputation Management
• Content Marketing & Production
• Technology Development (AR, VR or AI)
• Immerging technology etc.
• Relevant degree in advertising, marketing, social media, communication science or equivalent
• Proven work experience in Social Media Management ideally with experience managing / mentoring staff as well as experience in strategy.
• Proven knowledge and experience in the fundamentals of classical and digital marketing
• In-depth knowledge and application of content marketing • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience managing a team
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
• Highly organized, deadline driven and confident in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of the South African market across demographics and how this relates to social media channels and communications
• Deep understanding of the various digital and Social Media marketing channels and how to use them differently to achieve campaign and business objectives
• Experience with retail brands is beneficial
• Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
• Valid, driver's license and own transport.
• Comfortable with MAC, Microsoft Office products and Google products
• Proactive Social Certifications - Intermediary to Advanced
• Advantageous: Google Analytics Academy Certification - Basic Level
• Other online training on social media platforms / analytics also acceptable
• Social Media content management platforms (HootSuite, Falcon Social or similar)
• Social Media monitoring platforms (Brandwatch, Brandseye, Simply Measured, Meltwater or similar)
• Understanding and implementation of UTM Tags for paid media campaigns
• Influencer Management & Reporting Platforms such as Stellar
Fill out the below form, to apply to join the community and explore the opportunity.